white

white

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

i pause a minute...



I was a bit concerned I was not winding down after a year of working in a little space, with little time......now I am wondering if I will ever wind up again !  

 I have a busy schedule for this year.
Pondering a club or 2 to run & how to approach this & if I really should....the quilt show I am doing at the end of July requires planning, designing,painting lots of painting & lots of packaging. 

So soon I  need to be upright.....moving in mind, body & spirit.
The cat lays stretched out under the bed now, I reckon in case this storm comes in saves him moving off the bed to hide...

I nipped out before lunch to buy some eggs & a new bowl.....which way was I going to go..???..down the road I decided.

Coming into this small Mall I always look at the Book Grocer's display & I spy something interesting ( I think,) in the window & wander in & down the back where I spot another book I have looked at many a time......I also spy a paperback on French Women don't age .

I'll call back with a trolley my aged body & mind says... as I go to buy the eggs etc...
I observe as I edge towards Kmart how amusing it is to watch shoppers....
So it was with the mind lingering on some funny sight or 2 I veer into the bookshop.

"Hi can I look at that book in the window Pear & something...?"
Yes it is about that wonderful shop & garden in Tilba Tilba.  I once had an amazing gluten free salad sandwich  in the cafe there, when I lived up higher in NSW near Bateman's Bay & had gone wandering for the day.  It was the first bread sandwich that felt normal ...anyone who has eaten gluten free for years would understand .

I pop that book in my trolley & squeeze myself & trolley to find  the hardback decorator book Sandcastles....
Both are really divine books, in print quality & both tell me a story with pictures .....$6 each !!!  
As I am peering at the shelves & tables laden with an interesting batch of books I spot the French Woman book & say  " just get it.!"
So for under $20 I have 3 most inspiring books...ones that take me to places within my soul.  
These uplift me !

I pause now .... to make a pot of tea...& think how could I tell you how I approach my world as a painter & designer......
I chastise myself, You are on holidays NOW...but my holiday is different to many others...
I clean up my messes, that have accumulated since Marg, a colleague  came for a stopover in November.

The Christmas decorations are a mess as I have over the peak time plucked hand painted decorations I did for me to fill another short order....so there are many trees all looking as if they have weathered a severe storm...
I put some of the trees aside for decorating & photography ...handy to have many photographs. Leave that as good way into this job !

And I start writing out some of the vision & planning heading topics I have for the year ahead...it always gets a little vague once the topics are chosen.... same topics in my vision for same amount of years....this year I am going to map things out better & my dreams will be simplified .... a part of me grins....knows me way too well !

In the middle of this ( when goal setting becomes too difficult ) I go back to look at the Christmas decorating designs that magically happened the other evening while watching a Rolling Stones documentary.....
These are things I do not always get to spend free fall time doing most of the year...

Along with the diet food & exercise regime I am mapping into my life & pampering....
I'll explain later on in another blog entry.

No comments: